Ingredients for Red Apple Balsamic Butternut Squash Walnut Salad:
For the squash:
- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, and diced into 1/2 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons Evergreen's medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Evergreen's Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Evergreen's Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the salad:
- 6 cups spring mixed greens (baby spinach, arugula, frisee, radicchio)
- 6 cups baby romaine
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
•Roast the Butternut Squash: Preheat oven to 400° Combine diced butternut squash, olive oil, salt and pepper on a non-stick baking tray.
•Toss to evenly coat. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
•Make the Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette: Combine mustard and balsamic in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
•Slowly drizzle in the Walnut Oil, whisking until emulsified.
•Season to taste with salt.
Make the Salad: Evenly distribute greens among 4 or 6 plates.
Top with butternut squash, goat cheese, raisins, and walnuts.
Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Cooking Time: 3-5 min